广告推荐

Monday, August 10, 2009

H2O-TBE

Please don't try burn the lab!!

Its really a very blur and blue Monday today.
Since the 1X TBE buffer is going to finish soon, as usual, suppose i should prepare it by diluting the stock solution 10X TBE with dH2O. Yes, I actually know how to prepare it!!

Day-dreaming and zombie-walking in the lab.
There got 2 big bottles on the bench top, one is dH2O and another one is 70% ethanol and both are labelled!! At first, i take the dH2O bottle and try to top up to the 10X TBE, but then that bottle was empty! so very "shun shou" i take the another bottle which is actually filled up with 70% ethanol. I know that it is ethanol, but then at that time my mind was masked. It told me that it is dH2O!! Being cursed!! Without realizing, i top the 50 ml 10X TBE with 450ml "though-to-be dH2O" 70% ethanol. What is the final concentration?Blur...Super Blur...

My senior used that TBE to help me cast gel. After back from lunch, my senior ask me: "Shan. what u use to prepare the TBE?" OMG!! I seems like realizing something!! I used ethanol!! " No wonder so strange la, the agrose powder doesn't dissolved and when heat it up (using hot plate),
it sound poop poop poop poop!!!" Luckily this time not used the microwave to heat it, if not, what will happen? Microwave explode ?? And then sure i'll be killed by S******.

Don't try challenge NEW FORMULA

No comments: