广告推荐

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Authentic Korean Food - 우가촌, (Woo Ga Chon, Ampang)

In Ampang, there have an area so called Korean Village where you can find authentic Korean restaurants, shops, mini market and others related Korean stuff. I actually aware of this place as I went for dining before in one of the restaurant - SweeTree Cafe. I still remembered that the cafe is well decorated, for those who is fancy in photography you sure like this cafe much.

Back to the story, this is my second visit to Korean Village and I went there with my another two food hunting friends. We drive off from Petaling Jaya at around 6.15pm and managed to reach there around 7.30pm due to the heavy traffic after working time. One of my friend who is the Ampang local lead us to the Korean Village and recommend 우가촌 Woo Ga Chon (牛家村) - an authentic Korean Restaurant where my friend dined there before for several times. 

우가촌 Woo Ga Chon (牛家村)
Korean BBQ Restaurant

Contact: 603-42704211 or 016-2961244 (Robert Kim)
Address: No. G20, Jalan Sulaiman 1, Taman Putra Sulaiman, 68000, Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Here is the map location 

The restaurant name at the main door

The word printing on the menu

I just had some Korea food last two weeks and here I go for Korea food again. I looked through the menu and the displayed food photo attracting me. Whenever I go for Korean restaurant for its very first time, I would really like to try their Kimchi soup - the traditional and routine food of Korean. However, the restaurant is famous for its beef set as well. I'm a beef lover and I wished to try it too. Therefore, I ordered the Kimchi soup set and my friend ordered beef set, so that I can try both :) Besides that, my another friend order mixed vegetable rice. The food are very tasty and  authentic. For the Korean lover, you are worth to pay a visit here. Thank friend for the recommendation too.

My order: Kim Chi Jji Gae @ RM15
Kim-chi soup. Most popular Korean traditional food, It cook together with kim-chi, taufu, various vegetable and some meat. It served with a bowl of Korean rice.

Friend's order: Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap @ RM18
Rice with assorted vegetables on top and mix it with Korean red pepper sauce. It served in hot stone pot.

Friend's order: Bul Go Gi @ RM20
Beef marinated in soy sauce and it served with rice and several side dishes. 

The side dishes come together with Bul Go Gi set and they are refillable!

My two friends with the "current city disease syndrome"

The restaurant is not big but it has two dining sections, one is open and one is closed section. Other than that, the restaurant is very authentic in Koren style regardless the environment or decoration. Korean words are all around and you are hardly to find other languages here.

The closed dining section (We are placed here)

Sitting mat

Open dining section

Some wall photo decorations

Menu on wall with only Korean word

Korea newspaper can be found it here too

The displayed Korean poster

Even the receipt with some Korean word too.

During my degree study, me and one of the friend attended Korean class for a semester. We used to practice Korean during or even after class. We can talk in Korean for some simple conversations and read majority of the Korean word even we can't understand the meaning. However, we hardly refresh the Korean language now due to lack of practicing in daily life.

After the dinner, we went for nearby Korea mini market and bakery shop hanging around. In the mini market, most of the food are Korean food. I spotted some mini drink bottles that attract my attention. If I were in Korea, definitely I will buy some for trying but not in Malaysia. Hopefully I can travel to Korea in one day (Opps, Korea so far is not in my travel list xD.

Cute bottles

What can you spot? Starbucks?

Before we drive back to Petaling Jaya, we went to our friend house for a visit which is also the main purpose of us heading to Ampang. This is my second visit to his house after the last reunion visit. Me and my friend would like to borrow tent from him. I never experience camping before (actually I did before during secondary school time but memory is fuzzy) and hopefully the tent can be "useable" for upcoming trip if the planning is on.

My friend's doggie - Rippy

Kick start the month of August with some good food and goodbye to my supposedly month of Lucky July. Hopefully this month will be a smooth and motivated month so that I can complete my task on time.

Travel In The Direction Of Our Fear.
To stay with happy,
Let go the sadness.

No comments: