广告推荐

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TESCO Walk For Life 2012 @ Bukil Jalil Park

I joined some running events last year including my first ever 21km run. After the two previous running posts which are both charity run to raise fund for cancer patients and research, here come another charity event that I joined last year too. This is not a run but a walk - TESCO Walk For Life. My friend told me regarding this walk, and at the same day, there actually another charity walk as well - HSBC Charity Partner Walk. After some consideration, me and my friends decided to join the TESCO Walk.

 
TESCO Walk For Life 2012
Date: 9th December 2012
Venue: Bukit Jalil Park, Jalan 1/155b, Lebuhraya Bukit Jalil, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
Distance: 3.4km
Time: 8am
Fee: RM15 (Adult), RM10 (Student)



TESCO will organize an annual walk to raise fund for charity partner. In year 2012, TESCO delighted that University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) as partnership to work hand in hand to raise fund in Helping Children with Leukaemia.

A total of 6 person of us joined this walk together. Me and my friends (total 3 person) departed from Petaling Jaya but we are not sure how is the route to Bukit Jalil Park, therefore we waited for another two friends who departed from Cheras in a petrol station enroute to the destination at around 7am. Another one friend meet us directly in the park.

This is my first time come to Bukit Jalil Park. This park is quite big, scenic and good environment. I saw some people had their jogging here. I think this park is good for doing some early morning and late evening exercise. When reached there, we looked for the direction to the T-shirt collection booth.

T-shirt collection booth

Voucher for T-shirt and goodies collection

After changing the event T-shirt, few of us head back to car to put all the unnecessary stuffs. Oh yeah, we just need to bring ourselves for the walk. The walk flag off at around 8.15am. Remember this is a walk not a run. Following the crowd, we all have our leisure walk in that early morning, chit chating and take photo during the walk, and of course I'm not forget to enjoy the natural environment in the park.

Waiting for flag off

Walk but not run

Here I'm for TESCO Walk For Life 2012

Pass by a lake during the walk

This is a short distance walk which is only 3.4km and we finished it in about 45 minutes time. We all were given a certificate upon finish the walk. After that, we go for goodies redemption using the voucher that we took earlier during registration.

Here is the goodies for the walk

One of the activities held in conjunction with the walk attract my attention - Cook For Life. Don't misunderstand that I'm interested in cooking, but I was just impressed by the creativity and concept. More than 10 sets of "mobile kitchen" with full set of kitchen utensils and water system were set up completely on a vacant land. Not to mention that cooking show and competition will held there with provided cooking raw materials.

Cook For Life

The mobile kitchen 

After the walk, we walked around in the park.There are some foreign country signature architectures available in the park for photography. I like windmill much and I saw the windmill, the Holland windmill. Before we left, we have a group photo under the windmill.

Last but not least, a group photo us.
 (one of the friends leave earlier after the walk)

I ❤ windmill

As recommended by my friend, we went for dimsum breakfast in Sri Petaling where the shop is famous for 鸡窝包 (Mixed Ingredients Pao) before we headed back to home. I like to eat dimsum much and this is a satisfying dimsum for me.

The initiation kick start the conversation,
to be continued?

No comments: